Here is s simple chicken noodle mix, with a parsnip white sauce, that worked very well together, it was also very filling too.
I have been craving noodles and white sauce lately, and the parsnip sauce was a good replacement for the traditional white sauce. This meal I shall definitely be making again.
- 2 chicken breasts chopped
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 3 spring onions chopped
- half a carrot finely chopped
- 1 celery finely chopped
- half a sweet potato finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic through a garlic squeezer
- 1 courgette put through a spiraliser
- handful of fresh dill and basil
- coconut oil (odourless)
- Pinch of rock salt
- 3 Parsnips peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- rock salt
Heat up the coconut oil in a pan, then add in the chicken, garlic, onion, spring onion, salt and fry for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked on both sides and the flavours are coming through, then add in the carrots, sweet potato, celery, fresh dill and basil and gently saute for about 25 minutes.Then add in the courgette noodles and cook for another minute, mixing as you go.
For the white sauce, boil the parsnips until soft, then blend with the olive oil and some rock salt until smooth. Mix the white sauce in with the noodle stir fry and its ready to munch.